22 Mar, 2012
Mar 2012 - It's been a brisk start for 2012 and a very promising first quarter.
1. Sales Department Re-structuring
Towards the end of 2011, in order to accommodate the demands of the industry and the fast growing portfolio of Cimes International, the company had undergone some departmental re-structuring, so as to put more focus in the scope of each department. The Sales department is divided into E &I Division and Mechanical Division and supported by the Contracts/Commercial and Logistics departments to ensure each projects and orders are smoothly executed. With the focus placed by the E&I and Mechanical Divisions, more business development work can be attained in order to grow the company in terms of client base and product/services range.
2. Business Development
- Approved as a vendor by Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering (MMHE) and received and successfully delivered orders for MMHE.
- Smooth adaptation to the new PETRONAS Supplier Relationship Management System (SRM) via the SUS/ROS applications, by successfully updating the company information and profile, application for extension of scope (additional 8 new SWECs) and participating in a new Rfx via the new system.
- Successfully pre-qualified for new tenders and RFQs from Shapadu Energy & Engineering (SEEN).
- Secured a major order for a new product ĘC Multi Core Tubing ĘC for the KBB project.
- Secured another order for tubulars, this time for Kamelia-A project (similar to the Berantai project executed last year).
- Secured orders for E&I cables and accessories for the Cendor Phase II project (delivery in Q2).
Photo caption: Tubulars for Kamelia-A being manufactured at the principal's factory
Offshore Asia 2012- February 21-23, 2012
We participated in the Offshore Asia exhibition for the third time running (the first being OA2008) at the KL Convention Centre (KLCC) from the 21st to 23rd February and again it was a satisfactory venture. So much so that we have already pre-booked for the next show in 2013!
4. Fun and Other Stuffs
Nostalgia... (old events, relevant news)
Some photos of our Iftar with clients during the last Ramadhan...(better late than never!)